We care about you and your dealings with our company. So, we keep a file (kept securely) that contains your personal details (such as who to contact in an emergency) and copies of all documentation pertaining to your history. We respect your privacy absolutely and therefore restrict access to your file. Your file is about you and therefore is available to you upon request. Please make sure we always have your most recent contact details and emergency contacts.
Information we may collect about you
When you make a booking with or purchase from us, we may collect the following personal information:
- Contact information such as your name, telephone number and email address, billing and delivery address.
- Details of the services or products you have purchased.
- Financial information necessary to complete your purchase, such as your credit card details.
- Sensitive information – whilst talking with you, we may record health information you provide in order to deliver a professional service, however as we regard this as sensitive information, we do not make use it for marketing purposes.
Ways we may use & disclose the information collected from you
- To contact you with any queries regarding your request.
- To send you marketing offers by mail, email and telephone
- Survey information may be used internally for marketing purposes and to improve the products and services we offer.
- To our employees, independent contractors, subsidiaries, affiliates, consultants, business associates, service providers, and suppliers, if the disclosure will enable that party to perform a business, professional, or technical support function for us.
- Such disclosure is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with our rights and property, other users of our websites, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities.
- To respond to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law.
- In the event of a re-organisation, merger or sale, we may transfer any and all personal information we have collected from you to the relevant third party.
- From time to time we may disclose your name and address to carefully selected unrelated companies to send you marketing offers by mail for their products or services. We never disclose your email address or phone number, and these companies are not permitted to retain your name and address unless you contact them to respond to their offer. We obtain written confirmation from them that the information disclosed will be handled in accordance with the current Australian Privacy Principles.
- In the event of a critical incident, we may need to contact your GP, health care professional or next of kin. We deem critical incidents to include events such as mental health concerns, injury or suicide.
Please note that we do not disclose the following information to third parties:
- Your financial information (except as may be required by clauses 1, 2, 3 above).
- Any information you have provided to our Kinesiologists regarding your health.
- Your phone or email contact details (except as may be required by clauses 1, 5, 6 above).
How we secure your personal information
iBalance Kinesiology are committed to protecting your personal information. Some of the security measures we use include:
- Firewalls and access logging tools that protect against unauthorised access to your data and our network.
- Secure work environments and workflow systems that prevent unauthorised access and copying of your personal information.
- Secure server and closed network environments.
- Encryption of data in transit.
- Virus scanning tools.
- Management of access privileges, to ensure that only those who really need it can see your personal information.
- Ongoing training and security reviews.
These measures are robust, but security risks do change. We will remain vigilant in our efforts to protect your personal information.
Choosing to receive marketing offers/emails and brochures
You can contact us at any time to let us know if you would like to change how you receive marketing offers, or if you would like to opt out of receiving offers from us and/or other companies.
Our mailings and emails also contain information of how to unsubscribe, which you can use to opt out of further marketing offers.
Unless you contact us to give us instructions to the contrary, we will continue to:
- Send you marketing offers by mail, email and telephone for products and services from us or our related companies.
- Disclose your name and address to other companies to send you marketing offers by mail for products or services that we believe may be of interest to you.
Any instructions you give us regarding marketing offers will be processed as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that your instructions will not apply to order status and order confirmation emails sent in the normal course of business, and that such emails may occasionally contain promotional items and offers.
How to contact us regarding your information
You may request access to all your personally identifiable information that we hold in our database, or request to make corrections to your personal information at any time.
More information on privacy legislation is available from the Federal Privacy Commissioner at www.privacy.gov.au
Your consent to this policy
Changes to this policy
Version control: V:2