If you’re into raw vegan, yet crave a bit of comfort food, this one is for you. Don’t let the term “raw vegan” turn you off, it is hearty, tasty, delicious and really hits the spot, and believe me if mum likes it, it mustn’t be too hardcore in the raw vegan stakes. Being on a fairly strict auto-immune Paleo nutrition plan, sometimes I have emotional cravings such as a creamy pasta. In reality, I couldn’t eat that as it would be too rich. However this recipe is a great alternative. It is so easy to make, I whipped this up in less than 20 minutes start to finish. Also, I realized I had every single ingredient already in the fridge!
Sometimes I feel I need all of the fancy Kitchen tools such as a Thermomix or Vitamix, but all this took was a good old spiralizer from “Kmart” and I’m pretty sure it was under $20. I also had a blender, not one as exciting as a Vitamix, but it did the job.
Is this not mouth-watering?
- 5-6 zucchinis
- 1 cup of raw whole cashews (in this case I only had 1/2 a cup so used activated almonds to make up the cup)
- 1 cup of pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup of fresh lemon juice
- a dash of lemon pepper
- a dash of garlic powder
- a dash of white pepper
- a handful of fresh basil
- a 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- Spiralize the Zucchini’s and put in a large salad bowl.
- Put all of the other ingredients in the blender, and blend until creamy, if it is a little dry add the olive oil or distilled water so that it blends through.
- Mix the ingredients through the Zucchini until they are well covered and the mixture is evenly distributed.
- Add some fresh basil leaves on the top to serve, also add some Himalayan salt and extra pepper as your taste buds desire.
NB: if you can have cheese, it tastes great with some parmesan cheese on the top, or if you don’t want to be completely raw, you can make the mixture and toss it through some fresh pasta or gluten-free pasta.
This is a great dish to make on a Sunday, when you don’t want to be slaving away in the kitchen for hours on end, and you can put your feet on the sofa and watch an episode of “Gardening Australia” if that is what takes your fancy?
I would love to know what you think?!
comment below xxx